I can’t explain why I like The Blue Box Mac-n-Cheese. Call it comfort food, nostalgia, or addiction, but I have to have it on occasion. I especially like it with hot dogs, another substance pretending to be food. While they are just fine quartered lengthwise and sliced, occasionally I like to go old school style with my mom’s Tentacles & Noodles.
- 1 box of Mac-n-Cheese, and ingredients called for on box (milk, & butter usually)
- 2 Hot Dogs
- Yellow Mustard
- Poppy Seeds, if you got ’em
- Start boiling water.
- Cut hot dogs in half. Starting at the cut end, make a slit halfway up. Continue making slits until you have eight “legs.”
- Boil hot dogs with noodles until noodles are tender, drain, and remove hot dogs. Continue mac-n-cheese instructions on box, and move to serving bowls.
- Place two “octopuses” on each serving. Decorate with mustard for eyes, and poppy seeds for pupils.